One of the world’s best known traditional treatments is acupuncture. It has been used in traditional Chinese medicine as a means of unblocking the unseen flow of energy known as “qi” which is understood as the reason for a host of many health problems prozac 20 mg.
The Practice of Acupuncture
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very thin needles into specific areas of the skin that correspond to a specific organ meridian. In traditional Chinese medicine this action re-establishes the balance of energy flows in the body, creating harmony, and alleviating the symptoms experienced by the person.
However, among Western acupuncture practitioners, stimulation of the acupuncture points improves blood flow and stimulates the release of natural painkillers from the brain.
Health Benefits of Acupuncture
Although considered a pseudoscience by most members of the medical community, acupuncture has nonetheless, found its way into Western medical practices. A lot of studies have been devoted into the effectiveness of acupuncture for a variety of health conditions. Although some results were inconclusive, acupuncture has been proven to provide the following health benefits.
• Alleviates low back pain
• Improves the pain experienced in headaches and migraines as well as other types of tension headaches
• Reduces pain and inflammation in osteoarthritis
• Reduces pain associated with tennis elbow or lateral elbow pain
• Improves the symptoms associated with chronic knee pain
• Reduces nausea and vomiting after surgery
• Reduces post-operative pain
• Reduces the itching sensations related to allergic rhinitis
• Reduces nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy
• Reduces pain experienced by cancer patients but only in combination with or as an adjunct to mainstream narcotic opioid analgesics
• Reduces the pain and stiffness experienced by patients with fibromyalgia
• Useful as an adjunct to in vitro fertilization procedures
• May help reduce the swelling and tenderness of joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and contribute to the overall health of the patient
• May help post-CVA patients with neurologic deficits and dysfunction
• Reduces post-CVA shoulder pain when used in conjunction with exercise
Numerous other health benefits have been documented but are still awaiting more conclusive, scientifically-based evidences to generate widespread acceptance by the medical community. While it may still take some time before acupuncture will be fully integrated either as a treatment option in itself or as an adjunct to conventional treatments, many around the world are living testaments to acupuncture’s unrivaled effectiveness. We all know that health is wealth and so it would be a great advantage to be updated on the latest trends about this topic. Learn more and click here.